Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
On the fence, your opinion welcome. >

On the fence, your opinion welcome.

On the fence, your opinion welcome.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:55 PM

I haven't gone to that web site, but I too bought the full software. I use it mostly for quilting. Check out the picture section. I labeled it "My first quilts for Christmas." To to the last one where there is a sports quilt. I made all of the with the 5D embroidery software.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:24 AM

if i were you, i would spend more time trying to get the machine you have to work for you. i would have a designated place for it to stay out where you can get to it any time you want to work on it. work on sections at a time. work with the machine. perhaps you can find a quilting buddy who is willing to sit with you and work through the instructions. two minds sometimes work better than one. make sure the quilting buddy is willing to stay on task, or you will just visit when you should be working! best wishes on whatever you decide to do.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 AM

I have a janome 350 e. I put designs on a flash drive then put the flash drive in the machine. You need to make a folder on the flash drive and the how to do that should be in the book that came with your machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG2e0Vven-U
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
I have a janome 350 e. I put designs on a flash drive then put the flash drive in the machine. You need to make a folder on the flash drive and the how to do that should be in the book that came with your machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG2e0Vven-U
I don't know about the manual for 9500 but my manual for the 9700 is awful. I learned how to use my Janome by reading embroidery forums. Sewforum was the best source for me to learn about my machine. I still go there. Yahoo has Janome specific groups to join so I did. I have and use Customizer with my machine. My Janome dealer was not very helpful to me. Their "expert" never worked on Saturdays..... I work during the week...

I love my Janome MC9700 but it does take time to learn how to embroider, etc. i have had my machine since 2006.

Sandy
Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 AM

I have the Husqvarna Sapphire. It comes with a limited amount of preprogramed embrodiery. Enough for me! Love it!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 AM

I purchased a Brother PE780D last year. I got it because the Bernina Deco I purchased almost 20 years ago was also a Brother patent and both machines use the PES format. They both use the little cards of which I have spent a small fortune purchasing over the years. The newer Brother also takes a USB stick which allows me to use the many designs on CDs that I had purchased to be used with the Magic Box. The Magic Box will not work with my newer computer as it has no place to plug in the Magic box.
While the Brother machine has a bigger hoop capacity I don't like the idea that it loads from the opposite side than my Bernina and the hoops etc. are not compatable. While I don't use my embroidery machines everyday they certainly come in handy for occassions like Christmas. I decorated about twenty T shirts as gifts this year. The thing I like best about the stand alone embroidery machines is that I can be sewing on my regular machine while the embroidery machine is doing it's thing.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:37 AM

What's with these dealers. Although I bought my MC10000 second hand I have two other Janomes which I bought brand new from the same dealer and I was able to have unlimited lessons for both. I can even go to them if I have a problem with the embroidery machine. I would contact Janome and make a complaint. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with these dealers. What's the use of having a fancy machine if you can't get the best out of it. Word of mouth is great advertising and you can't recommend their product if the dealer is too lazy to help you. If the dealer can't help they shouldn't be selling the machines. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 AM

I would work with what you have. You already have a lot invested. Read your manual, check the website for help and figure it out... If you can't figure this machine out, what makes another machine any different?
There were apparently things you liked about this machine or you wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
Do whatever it takes to get some embroidery done, once you get started you'll realize how easy it is.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

I just use two straight stitch machines, all I'm interested in.
I'm with the others, I would not buy anything from the LQS that won't help you with a machine you already bought. They would like nothing more for you to buy another machine from them. Very poor business practice.
I think you should try to use the machine you have and save your money for more fabric.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 AM

I would send a email to the brother company regarding your dealer and also ask them for help.