Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Few Quilt Magazines >

Few Quilt Magazines

Few Quilt Magazines

Old 12-21-2010, 02:56 AM

I had a few minutes in Walmart, & was going to check out quilting mags.Never happened. They had a total of 2.They must not sell,because they had tons of cooking,diet,& men's mags.
Not that I need mags,but I sure won't be checking them in Walmart again.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

Wow! I noticed most stores here dont carry many either. Our small Walmart only has a few, but the cities Superstore seems to have alot usually.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:40 AM

Before our Walmart was remodeled we had at least 6 or 7 to choose from. After the remodel 1 maybe 2. I used to buy most of my mags there. Several at a time to boot. Not any more.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:06 AM

My Walmart has quilting magazines in the fabric department, not up front with the other magazines. Not to worry though, the fabric department will be leaving in the spring.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:13 AM

had the same experience. In fact, I was looking for Quiltmakers mag a couple of months back (several folks here were recommending it), and not only does walmart not carry quiltmakers, but none of my markets do, nor does my lqs. ??? needless to say, I re-subscribed.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:24 AM

I think the quilt magazine publishers have about priced themselves out of business. I used to take all the quilt mags but not any more. They are so full of ads and the patterns are mostly sort of ho-hum and I refuse to pay $5.00 each for them. I'd rather buy quilting books if I find something I like. Most other magazines that have lots of ads are much less expensive.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM

Ours is a superstore, but still no quilting mags.

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Wow! I noticed most stores here dont carry many either. Our small Walmart only has a few, but the cities Superstore seems to have alot usually.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 AM

I think what they do get sell out quickly. The fabric dept usually has some magazines.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
I think the quilt magazine publishers have about priced themselves out of business. I used to take all the quilt mags but not any more. They are so full of ads and the patterns are mostly sort of ho-hum and I refuse to pay $5.00 each for them. I'd rather buy quilting books if I find something I like. Most other magazines that have lots of ads are much less expensive.
You're right about the prices being too high. I used to subscribe to mags thinking I would save money but so many of the issues didn't inspire me. Now I just browse the mags in the store and only buy the ones showing a quilt that really catches my eye & makes me want to run out and get material for the quilt.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
I was surprised while in a used bookstore they were charging $2.00 for quilting magazines! I realize the original price for Fons & Porter mags is kind of up there, but $2.00 for a magazine? Needless to say, they stayed there.