Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiber Arts Retreat

I spent the weekend at a fiber arts retreat at a camp in northern Michigan. I taught a trapunto/hand quilting class on Saturday morning. I took a wool dying class in the afternoon. It was such a fun weekend and it really got me interested in some other fiber arts! There were several women there with their spinning wheels spinning wool, others there with looms, weaving, some doing beading, some doing embroidery, applique, crochet or knitting. Vendors were there selling raw wool, wool that was carded and ready to spin, as well as all kinds of yarn. Ohhh, I just wanted to do everything!! Dying was so much fun, I definitely want to do more of that with fabric. Has anyone else ever been to a retreat like this? I'm signed up already to teach next year!

Blog Entries
    Lucky YOU!!! :D:D:D
    I would love to attend a retreat like this!!!

What a great opportunity you have by teaching and getting to the othr offerings as well. I am also really interested in some of the fibe arts but not accomplished enough to go to a workshop . . . yet!

I would have love that all those mediums in one place, right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
    I spent the weekend at a fiber arts retreat at a camp in northern Michigan. I taught a trapunto/hand quilting class on Saturday morning. I took a wool dying class in the afternoon. It was such a fun weekend and it really got me interested in some other fiber arts! There were several women there with their spinning wheels spinning wool, others there with looms, weaving, some doing beading, some doing embroidery, applique, crochet or knitting. Vendors were there selling raw wool, wool that was carded and ready to spin, as well as all kinds of yarn. Ohhh, I just wanted to do everything!! Dying was so much fun, I definitely want to do more of that with fabric. Has anyone else ever been to a retreat like this? I'm signed up already to teach next year!
    Sounds interesting. Where at -- UP or LP? Do they have a website?

It's in the U.P. near Pickford. I would imagine it's about 45 min northeast of the bridge. I don't know if they have a website. If I find it, I'll post it. I found out about it through quilting friends who go every year.

Also check out Fabrications Retreat in Kalamazoo, MI, Aug 29 - Sept 3 http://www.fabricationsretreat.com/
    and the Quilt Surface Design Symposium in Columbus, OH, June 1-10.
    http://www.qsds.com/

That sounds like so much fun, and alot of stuff to learn!

That sounds like a lot of fun!! :D

I would love to go and do something like that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast