Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fieldstone House >

Fieldstone House

Fieldstone House

Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 AM

Anyone ever been to the Fieldstone House in New York state? My friend and I are thinking of going and over nighting in a bed and breakfast or somewhere near.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 AM

I had never heard of it so looked it up.

https://fieldstonehousefabrics.com//

Just in case someone else needs to see what it is! I can't figure out why it didn't come up as a link.

http://www.fieldstonehousefabrics.com/

There we go!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 AM

Looks like a great place to shop. Have fun.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:21 AM
BMP

I havent been to the store but they had a booth set up yesterday at a quilt show...I have friends who have been there and say its great !! Prices are about $10- yd on most fabrics.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:24 AM

Road trips are great! Enjoy, looks like a great place.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 AM

The Fieldstone House has an almost overwhelming amount of fabric. We went one year as a day trip, but they recommend that you check ahead because they vend at a lot of shows - I know they'll be at the Empire QuiltFest in Clifton Park on October 15 and 16.

If you're looking for an older fabric, they probably have it.

Janet
Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 AM

Feildstone House has a large inventory of fabric. I have been there in the past. However the place is out in the coutry and difficult to find if you are not familisr with the area. They have just about anything you might be looking for in fabric. But.when he cuts your fabric you are not going to get !/8th of an inch more than the desired amount your want. THe isle's are so close only one person can get thru at a time and I felt like I was trapped. Lighting is poor. there are several other quilt shops would rather go to. I see you are from Nigara Falls area. Dansville has a wonderful shop called Material rewards, and Candor NY has Pucky Huddle which is one of my favorites. enjoy your trip.,
Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 AM

You will be completely overwhelmed by the store. The fabric is piled up so much you can hardly move around. If you are going to go you need to allow time to go once just to look around and then go away and think about how you are going to attack your buying visit. There is only one cutting table and it is stuck in a corner with stuff all around it so it isn't a quick cutting and checkout process.

The prices are not great. Every piece of fabric has the original price or higher on it - no markdowns once something has been around a while. But they do have an amazing amount of fabric and it is a cool experience to actually visit.

There are two nice shops in Oneonta too, which is only about 10 or 12 miles away by highway. I echo the recommendations about the ones in Dansville and Candor. I would also add a trip to the Syracuse area - there are three great shops there. Two in Syracuse, one in Marcellus.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 AM
BMP

Material rewards, and Candor NY has Pucky Huddle
2 of my all time favs too !! If you are into Batiks PH has a room with just Batiks....
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 AM

Thanks for your posts. I've been to Material Rewards. Every once in a while they're involved in a Shop hop.

My favorites locally are Ivy Thimble, Patricia's and there's one out Syracuse way that used to be in a barn. They've since moved and I've heard that they aren't the same anymore.

My friend and I are mostly going for the sake of spending time chatting on the way and the experience. We may just check out those other two places too! Thanks everyone!