Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fight Like A Girl - ovarian cancer quilt

Blog Entries

Fight Like A Girl - ovarian cancer quilt

A dear friend of mine has ovarian cancer and her motto is "Fight Like A Girl." I want to make her a lap quilt to take to chemo sessions - does anyone have suggestions. Is there "Fight Like A Girl" fabric? I'm in the "thinking" stage right now and welcome any ideas you may have.

There is a fight like a girl fabric collection but I think they are all breast cancer colours. They actually have a fight like a girl quilt as well. Its a free pattern I believe. it's just different fabrics with a ribbon as the center block. I made one for my MIL. she is a big Breast Cancer supporter. I think there have been a few in her family that have had it so it's close to her.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fight-Like-G...item336297b904-- I googled "fight like a girl" and found this tshirt on ebay....no I'm not selling it and do not know seller etc. There is also a free pattern that you can download and use the ovarian cancer colors.

I had chemo last year and believe me, the color(s) of the quilt will not matter to her while she's hugging it. A friend of mine just used some Nascar fleece, fringed all around it and called it done. I felt all the love in it and still use it on my couch!
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt.

FatCatPatterns.com has some applique ideas for cancer causes. A friend of mine made the "Pink Warrior" feather design into a bag for another firend of hers to use during chemo. And, if I a not mistaken, Ovarian colors are the turquoise line.

Good luck, Susan
    Creative clutter is more blessed than tidy idleness.
    Susan - AKA _ Anglelight

Blog Entries
    Blank Fabrics has a line of Ovarian Cancer Awareness fabrics. They are teal/turquoise/white/silver and are very pretty.

http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co...&key=BLTEALRIB

And back it with flannel to make it nice and cuddly. Other things to include with the quilt could be munchies, a puzzle or suduko book, a blank journal for her to write in and perhaps an inspirational book. My chemo bag was a wonderful surprise and very appreciated. And tell your friend she is not alone.
    Rules of Life:1-Don't take anything personally 2-Integrity of words and deeds 3-Don't make assumptions 4-Do your best

not too heavy back it with flannel stops it slipping +cosey

Blog Entries
    Thanks, ladies. I think I'm going to just use turquoise fabrics and scripture blocks and make a prayer shawl for her.

That sounds wonderful Cathie!! (Hugs to you for thinking of your friend and doing something special for her)
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt.