Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Figuring Out Size of Quilt Using D9P?

Quote Originally Posted by ammorgan
    Thanks everybody!

I originally wanted to make a quilt from a pattern in a book for my baby, but can't afford to buy the fabric, so figured I could use what I already have in my stash to do like a D9P and make it crib sized or about there.
    For each d9p block you make, you need 9 5" squares. I would either make it 3 x 3 (for about 39" square) - which would use 9 D9P blocks or 81 5" squares- or make it 3 x 4 (about 39" x 52") - which would use 12 D9P blocks or 108 5" squares.

If you wanted to add borders to make it a different size, you can. You can also make the center less - say 2 x 3 (or 26" x 39", 6 D9P blocks or 54 5" squares) and add borders to get to your desired size.

Quote Originally Posted by qbquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammorgan
    Thanks everybody!

I originally wanted to make a quilt from a pattern in a book for my baby, but can't afford to buy the fabric, so figured I could use what I already have in my stash to do like a D9P and make it crib sized or about there.
    For each d9p block you make, you need 9 5" squares. I would either make it 3 x 3 (for about 39" square) - which would use 9 D9P blocks or 81 5" squares- or make it 3 x 4 (about 39" x 52") - which would use 12 D9P blocks or 108 5" squares.

If you wanted to add borders to make it a different size, you can. You can also make the center less - say 2 x 3 (or 26" x 39", 6 D9P blocks or 54 5" squares) and add borders to get to your desired size.
    Thanks. Now to figure out which fabrics to use :)

This chart was posted on here a few days ago about D0P sizes & it may be helpful to you (& others!)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-150081-1.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2