Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally decided to buy the Grace Sure Stitchregulator.

Smile Finally decided to buy the Grace Sure Stitchregulator.

I have had my Janome 1600p qc machine on gracie 2 frame now for a month and still can't keep all my stitches the same so i finally broke down and ordered the Grace Sure Stitch Regulator. I sure hope I want be sorry for spending all that money, They assured me it would work on my frame. My husband wanted me to go ahead and get the carriage upgrade but I decided to wait and see how this works before i spend any more money. I have been trying to do a panograph and everytime i slow down it makes long stitches and go faster they are too small. I know it takes practice but my patience was getting very slim. Sure hope this solves my problem.

Don't know about "solving" your problem, but it should help with the evenness of the stitching. Be aware that, even with a stitch regulator, your stitches can still vary in length tho not to the degree they are now. When you get your SR, take the time to practice, practice and maybe practice just a tad more...most of the folks I know say it takes about 400 hours of practice before you start "getting it"...good luck!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Thanks momto5, I have some old sheets to practice with, however the batting can get expensive. i can do the pantograph but when i look at stitches they are terrible because i slow down and speed up , I know you need to keep your speed the same but it takes practice, practice, practice. hope to get it. I used to have a longarm quilter several years ago and never had any problems.

I bought a Grace speedcontroller on Ebay and I love it! I think that once you get the speed under control, you can learn to regulate the stitches. So far it has worked for me and I just wished I had gotten one sooner. Have fun with yours!!

I have the same set up as you and bought the stitch
    regulator with it and i love it. you will get use to it
    and it will help you out a lot. and like the others
    practice, practice.

I love my stitch regulator!
    Long arm quilting in Carmel, Indiana http://quiltcycle.blogspot.com/

I have a stitch regulator on my strait stitch machine and love it. But it does make long stitchs sometimes, I think it is because I move to fast for it. Does anyone else have this happen?

Blog Entries
    can you attache it to a regular machine without a frame?

Quote Originally Posted by jean knapp View Post
    can you attache it to a regular machine without a frame?
    I am pretty sure you can. Mine is the same brand I think and it attaches to your machine and you can attach the control to something so you can use it.

Not mine, it has to be on a frame because you are moving the machine not the quilt. Bernina is the only domestic machine with a stitch regulator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast