Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: finally did it

I have read so many posts about members cutting their fingers on rotary cutters. Well I finally did it. Wow did that hurt. New ruler, not as thick as my others and new blade. You forget how sharp the new blades are. The worst part about it was I was teaching my GD how to do a rag quilt when it happened. I told her "You don't do it that way." LOL Her mom wanted to take me to the ER but I went to the drug store and got liquid bandage and some bandages. I will be fine. she called DH at work and he tried to get me to go to the ER also but I am stubborn. I just don't like stitches. So I guess I am officially in the club.

I did it today too... first time ever. I have the Fiscars that doesn't automatically retract... and I reached for it and touched the wrong part. Mine is just a nick... bled through three band-aids before it stopped... but my sisters have been saying for a while now that I need to get a cutter that automatically closes. I guess they're right!

I hope you don't hurt too much!

Blog Entries
    wow!!!, i don't want to say congrats for joining. it's a nasty club to be in, 2 times myself, went to er, and got tetnus shots, when was the last time yu got one, ck and make sure

Have done that but mine took 6 stitches to close and no feeling to date in the top of that finger, a permanent crack in the fingernail!! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I think this is one club I will say no thank you :thumbdown:

OWWWW but don't the liquid stuff burn like #$$#$%%^^!!! :?: or it sure did long ago.

I was sitting in the floor the other day cutting fabric and I cut my leg! darn it, it really hurt! Those darn things cut skin way better than fabric, lol!
    Tracy

I'm a member of the club too. This was BEFORE I got a self-closing cutter, which is all I use now. I also had reached for the cutter and hit the wrong end. Ouch!

ouch!! Hope you didn't stain the fabirc!!

As I am also a member of this club, thought it was a good time to ask about the retractable type rotary cutters. Have always use the olfa brand that does not retract. Have trained myself to always close blade if putting cutter down. (99.9%) This type is good because I am left handed. Can you get the retractable in left handed. Are these as good as the "original".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast