Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally found a Dry Iron!!!!

Blog Entries
    This discussion almost had me convinced to order one, but then I remembered how much I rely on the auto-turnoff feature of my current steam iron. I never put water in it anymore, because it always leaked, but I do think the safety features are important.
    Cathy

I found my dry iron at a Hospice Resale shop. Love it! And yep, it does get hot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    All you have to do is to move the iron so that solid metal hits where the holes were a couple seconds ago. I 'm still missing something!
    Until you use a solid plate iron you won't know the difference it makes.

The good place to find old solid plate irons is at a church rummage sale. I have found two this last year, Sunbeam models. Good secret Santa gifts even if used.
    Got fabric?

I love my dry iron. I got mine thru Home Depot on line only for $30.00. Mom still has hers from the 50's and still uses it.
    Pat, Lover of Art Deco and Applique
    co-owner of www.BeSewCreative.com quilting retreats
    Pat Augustus Longarm Quilting Service

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    You can buy it here and get free shipping: http://www.always-free-shipping.com/...-dry-iron.html
    Also Amazon has them in stock too. I love this iron, it's the only one I use. I have a new one for back up in case it is discontinued down the road.
    Such a good idea, buying a backup while it is available. These days if I find anything I think I can't live without, I buy more than one, knowing it won't be there when I need it again. What ever happened to reliability in products?

i just found my mother inlaw's iron. it is old.needs a new cord and plug. it looks to be made of cloth binding.it is a singer iron. hope to use it soon as fixed.
    ​debra

What is the advantage to having a dry iron?

Thanks for the tip. This iron is going to be ordered as soon as I sign off this forum.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Now is they'd only make a rectangle one. Same size as a regular iron only not pointed on one end. My neice and I both said this when we were working on the T-shirt quilts. No holes, of course.

Thanks for the info.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast