Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Hancock's catalog

Like an idiot, I just had to look thru the rest of the catalog this morning.

I wonder if I ought to burn the blasted thing before it burns me.

Some fantastic fabrics----------------fantastic!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I love looking through mine. I wait until everyone else in the house has gone to bed and snuggle up in a chair with a blanket to slowly admire each page & dream about the projects I could make with all those gorgeous fabrics! It's some of my favorite 'me time'.
    Shannon

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    A quick page by page look last night before bed.....didn't give me any quilty dreams, though, .....showed me that there seems to be a return to more good yellows finally; been missing those in the past 2-4 years.

I keep the Hancock catalog all season for referring back to as I go along. Sometimes just the patterns give me ideas; then I can choose other colors by looking through their pages. But I pull mostly from my stash.

Still Hancocks is my favorite go-to place for so many things!
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    A quick page by page look last night before bed.....didn't give me any quilty dreams, though, .....showed me that there seems to be a return to more good yellows finally; been missing those in the past 2-4 years.

I keep the Hancock catalog all season for referring back to as I go along. Sometimes just the patterns give me ideas; then I can choose other colors by looking through their pages. But I pull mostly from my stash.

Still Hancocks is my favorite go-to place for so many things!

There are several fabrics in the chinoiserie section (p.70) that are verrrrrrry tempting. I'm not a fan of pink, until someone combines it with lime green. ohhhhhhhhhhhh the "pink prosperity" sample. And the pink peacock garden and the mirabelle bouquet in green. For easy, I'm thinking Warm Wishes but I'd have to go elsewhere for the 3 rail piece.

Also several light house pieces. Another weakness of mine.

And butterflies.

and..............
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Their catalog is wonderful, but the prices are up again. Such is life. I think that have the best selection around.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I got mine and started turning the cormers of the pages that had "just got to have" fabrics... And then realized I was turning almost every page. Maybe I should turn the pages that do not have fabrics I am interested. When their catalog arrives it takes every ounce of self retraint not to stop everything and pour through every page.

Blog Entries
    I just got a SECOND one in the mail today! Do you think this means there is something in there that I have to order???
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I already placed an order for three yards of a fabric in the catalog that I just had to have!!!
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I already placed an order for three yards of a fabric in the catalog that I just had to have!!!
    I'm going to have to wait. At least until-----------------maybe Monday. lol
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bunniequilter View Post
    I requested one quite a while ago and am still waiting. Got tired of waiting so checked out the online version, but it isnt the same as the paper version.
    I was given one at the store this past May. How often do the new catalogs come out? Haven't been able to order due to some unexpected expenses. You know- furnace, dryer, plumbing and vehicle repairs. All at the same time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast