Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Finding accessories

I just bought a new home sewing machine. I found the manual to it. What is the best way to find what sizes of bobbins and what needles it uses. Should I just call janome/new home with the serial number or what. The machine runs and it has a needle and 1 bobbin in it. However, need more. Thanks.

CAll a Janome dealer. Needles for sewing machines these days are standard. And if you have one bobbin, you can measure it across and in the thickness.

Having the model number, you can buy bobins online cheap!
    Julie

I buy both my bobbins and needles in Wal-Mart. They have bobbins specially for Brother/Janome, if you prefer that. I also get them on Amazon. Type in bobbins for Janome and they will pop up. My Janome and Brother machines take all the same bobbins.The number is SA 156. For needles I use size 11 thru 14 the most. For cotton I use sharp point, for knits ballpoint. Make sure the needles have one flat side. Most needles are made that way, but I do still have some round ones and I think some Singer machines might still use those. Hope this will help you out.

Thanks for the information. I did find out needles wise I need the 206x13. Those are the replacements for the original needles called for (that are no longer manufactured). But I was still searching on bobbin size. So appreciate the info very much

A Janome dealer or repairman should be able to give you the alternate needle # to use, as well as what bobbin would work if you can't fin originals.

Blog Entries
    Wow, congratulations, I have my grandma's old new home machine in cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by hmross
    I just bought a new home sewing machine. I found the manual to it. What is the best way to find what sizes of bobbins and what needles it uses. Should I just call janome/new home with the serial number or what. The machine runs and it has a needle and 1 bobbin in it. However, need more. Thanks.