Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Finding a guild?

I am looking for a guild and found a website with a few local ones (http://www.quiltguilds.com/wisconsin.htm) but the ones with evening meetings have huge waiting lists. Is there someplace else I can look to find ones that I might be able to participate in?

Waiting lists? I have belonged to several quilt guilds over the years and you just went to the meetings and joined. There wasn't any issue with waiting lists. The concept is foreign to me. Ann in TN

MTS
    Banned
    I've come across these in a few places.

The waiting lists are usually the result of space/occupancy restrictions/limitations at the current meeting place, whether it's a school, community center, church, etc.

If might cost too much money to move to another place, if another acceptable meeting place could even be found.

That is a thankless job.

Do you have a local quilt shop? Or a long arm quilter near you? Maybe they might know someone personally who belongs to a guild & could bring you as a guest to introduce you?

If you are able to drive to Appleton, our evening group has room...3rd Monday of the month. I can give you more information if you would like...just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim
    If you are able to drive to Appleton, our evening group has room...3rd Monday of the month. I can give you more information if you would like...just PM me.
    Thanks for the offer but that's quite a drive.