Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Firefighter Quilt?

i would make the quilt for the both of them matching their bedroom and style. i would make the firefighter his own throw using his vocation as the theme.

I love that one and it goes with this pattern I found. That would look great on the four corners and not be too firefighterey. I am using her wedding colors as the basis of the quilt so I think that cross might work. Thanks!

QM
    I got permission to print a published shot of a firefighter in action (only to raise funds for our dept.). Does his dept. have any pix of THEM in action, or simply fire? If you don't want to use Bubblejet or prepared fabric to print your own, I'll bet a local Tshirt company or instant print company can print on your (washed and ironed) fabric. One fire fighter quilt I made was mainly homes in the forest (I live in a heavily forested area where forest fires are a real danger every summer). If you do curved piecing or applique, a fire image would be relatively easy to produce.

joy
    I have a firefighter's wall hanging I was going to make for my granddaughter's and fiances wedding but decided to make a large quilt instead which is half finished.... pity you are so far away... will take it to my guild to sell unless I change my mind and find the time to make it... is beautiful.
    joy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2