Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First time I joined batting

I butted the seams together and zig zagged with a large stitch. I am very pleased with the results, am quilting at the moment so after I am done will see if I can tell where this is in the quilt. I wanted to use up what I had, so gave it a try. This is good. No this is great, using what I have is a good thing. Thanks for all of the advice you's all share.

Blog Entries
    I have been joining batting for a few years, especially in small projects...works great and saves money!

You can also get some stuff that irons on to hold the two pieces together. That also works great!

One of the best purchases I ever made was an edge stitching foot for my bernina. You can zigzag over the "edging" bit while butting the two pieces of batting up against it, and you get a *perfect* join every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy S.
    You can also get some stuff that irons on to hold the two pieces together. That also works great!
    I just used some of that last night. I've had it for awhile and was hesitant to try it - but it does work very well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmoore
    One of the best purchases I ever made was an edge stitching foot for my bernina. You can zigzag over the "edging" bit while butting the two pieces of batting up against it, and you get a *perfect* join every single time.
    oh, i think i have one of these. i'll have to give it a try. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmoore
    oh, i think i have one of these. i'll have to give it a try. thanks
    Isn't it great when out of the blue we realize to ourselves, hey I have one of them, somewhere......I do that a lot, not this time, but enough times!!

This may work great, BUT zigzaging togather is much cheaper, and only takes very little time

Blog Entries
    I have recently been doing this myself. It does work great and saves some money to use for other items. Thanks for sharing.

Banned
    You can also get binding tape which irons on. Good size roll for about $5.99

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast