Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First visit to LQS

Banned

First visit to LQS

I live near a farily large city, but unfortunately we only have one LQS that I know of. (New quilter here) I had not gotten very good vibes from a couple of people about this store. But I decided to not let others opinions keep me from checking it out myself. I am so gald I did. I signed up for 4 quilting classes!!!! The staff was very helpful and eager to show mw around. I am beyond excited about the classes! And oh the beautiful fabrics there, and yes I do see a difference in their fabric and the fabric in the big box stores I have been shopping at. Yes it is more expensive, no coupons either, but I may have to start only shooping for fabice as I make a quilt, buy less fabric, better quality. I think I can, I think I can .....

So now I just have to keep myself from going back too many times before the classes start. Hard to do for someone with so little patience.

oh boy your in trouble now lol....have fun at your classes.

Ha, ha, I know what you mean. I signed up for a bag making class this summer and got all the supplies and pattern. I was very inpatient so when the class was postponed i set down one night and by 4:00 am I finished the project. What the hack, you can never have too many purses!

Blog Entries
    loll
    I can relate to your excitement! It happened to me while travelling in a few states a year ago last spring! I think I got enough fabrics to be quilting many years ahead!
    Have fun.

And the madness begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power Poster
    I do enjoy going to classes at my LQS. I buy my fabric there for smaller projects and I shop their sale racks for bigger projects. For quilt backs and more I buy on line or elsewhere.

The quilting bug has bitten again lol

Blog Entries
    Good for you for keeping an open mind about your LQS. Have fun!

Quilt store-philia [I think that might be the term] is very common. The cure is to keep on quilting and let the LQS inspire you.

Also, you should join a local quilting group or guild. When I returned to quilting quilting friends gave me material to start my stash. Now I am ready to help a newbie.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

I know, mine is closing in 2 1/2 weeks. I sure am going to miss all of those lovely ladies at the shop. They really made the shop wonderful. Enjoy you new found shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast