Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fiskars Cutting Mat???

Our local Len's Mills store has large (24 X 36) or maybe a little bigger Fiskars cutting mats on sale for $40 Canadian (regular $65). They are yellow on one side and pink on the other and both sides have grids and numbers. I've never seen these mats before and wonder how they compare to the more familiar green OLFA which retails around $70 Canadian. Has anyone used these mats and if so, what did you think? They seems to be a little thicker than my OLFA.

I bought one for my daughter that is much smaller. She says it's good, but I haven't borrowed it yet.

I just bought one at Walmart and I like it well enough. My Olfa finally bit the dust and I didn't have the money to buy another Olfa. The surface seems a little bit slicker than my old one, but I don't know if it's an actual difference or because my poor mat was worn out.

I got that exact Fiskars mat. I've used mine alot in the past 3 years. It has held up really well, one side has several slices in it now, from dull cutters.

Blog Entries
    i like my Fiskars mats. i've had one for more than 10 years and it still serves me well.

I have a few different sizes of the Fiskars mats. They work fine for me.

I have that same mat. I don't see any difference from my Olfa that my sister borrowed and never returned so I had to go buy a new one. JoAnns had this one of sale so it made it less painful to purchase a new one.

I have one also. When I first started, I was not very good about my cutters, so my original green mat had a ton of slices in it. Now that I know better I got the same mat you have, but I have the pink and blue one. I only got it becuase it was pretty - but it works well for me :)

i have a little one that was part of a set that i bought for traveling and i like it very well. it gets bumped around quite a lot and gets used with less than perfect blades and it's held up as well as my olfa.