Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fiskars ruler and rotary combo.

I saw this item on a quilting video, I forget which one but it looked like something I could benifit from. I've searched for it and although Amazon did carry it they say it's unavailable now. I also read somewhere that they stopped making them. I've had tendenitis a few times in my right shoulder and I get very sorewhen cutting fabric.

The reviews I've read about this ruler are wonderful. Does anyone here have one and does anyone here know where they might still be available? Thank you so much. God bless.

Blog Entries
    This may be the one that was discontinued.

The one for quilting was discontinued, but recently I was in the Tuesday Morning store and found several that are for paper. I'm sure that they would work well with fabric. I can't remember the price but am sure it was less than 50....

I have one I picked up off of Craigslist that uses a regular 45mm rotary blade. I love it!

I've seen the ones for paper at Joann's with the 40 - 50% off coupons they would be cheap enough. I'm not sure if they use a rotary blade, but I believe they do. If so, there is no problem. The size of the blade might be smaller though.

I started a new post with Fiskars email address. If we send enough emails they may start producing them again. I was told this by a rep of Fiskars that I just called.

MTS
    Banned
    Speaking of this....

I was in The Quilt Place (huge shop in Rockledge, Florida) last week. They were cutting all the fabric with a rotary/ruler combo thingie, similar to the one by Fiskar. They had 3 or 4 of them on the cutting table, and it's all they use. For all the fabric they cut there, the women doing the cutting said it saves their hands and backs.

It's by Sew-Easy (from Australia). It's not on their website but here's a pic from a shop in Australia:
    http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--389...ng_Accessories

The Quilt Place sells it for $48.95 plus shipping.
    http://www.thequiltplace.com/

NAYY. Just passing on the information.

That said, I also noticed that Joann's had a Donna Dewbury combo cutter (in purple) on the notion rack. With a coupon, or on sale, it would be much cheaper.

Both take 45mm blades.

i have this one.. so does my sister.. bought it about 6x years ago... the fiskars one, that uses the 45mm blades..
    I didn't realize they stopped making them.....
    love mine....