Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fixing goof ups >

Fixing goof ups

Fixing goof ups

Old 03-16-2014, 05:36 AM

Default Fixing goof ups

I was trying to get my quilts ready for the Miller Bowie Quilt Show in Texarkana, AR this year cause the entry deadline was the 15th. Since the long arm is in the hospital, I didn't get my quilts ready for the show. So, I dug out some older ones that I had never shown there. When I took one of the quilts ou tof the bag, I noticed a little clipping on the edge of the binding. Well, it couldn't go like that. So, I had to take off the whole binding an put on new. Then to make matters worse, I unfolded my DH's quilt that he was going to show and the edges were a little dirty looking from where he had taken it to the fair. So, I threw it in the washer. When I took it out there were 3 places where the red had come through on the white backing. What a disaster. I went to the store and got some color catchers and rewashed the quilt!! Whew!!!! all of the red came out!!! I am beginning to wonder if I am supposed to show my quilts or not!! Have you ever felt that you had all of these obstacles jumping in your way all at once when you are trying to get something done?
Old 03-16-2014, 06:33 AM

You mean like when you have one weekend to finish a quilt - and you sew the rows together backwards - not once, but 3 different times???...something like that?? Murphy's Law is a LAW....not a suggestion !!!!! Hoping things have improved !!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Yes and that's when I dig deep and soldier through! Your quilts are meant to be there!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 AM

Isn't that just normal? It is at my house. I pieced 3 blocks yesterday (Dear Jane) and put at least one fabric back side up in each block. Lots of unsewing in those little blocks!! Then ran out of fabric when piecing a back (that project had been put off for several weeks). Sigh!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:45 AM

I've been there too many times, and not just with quilting. Deep breath (or ten), and back to it!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I've been there too many times, and not just with quilting. Deep breath (or ten), and back to it!
I agree, I have been there many times too and for the last 10 year I have my disability to deal with. A deep breath and a break is much better than a glass of wine !! Hang in there. My only problem with getting a quilt to a show was that I was always sewing the binding on as a friend drove me to the location. Never enough time to finish a quilt !! Even with the last Valentine contest, I didn't have time to finish sewing the rod pocket.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 AM

I was cutting a 4 pa.tch this morning diagonally cut one , went to cut the second and realised I had cut first 1/2" toooo wide. At least only one block will become a pincushion.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 AM

It happens to me all the time, too. There are some days where I feel like I take one step forward and two backwards. Hang in there...things will get better. Did you make the deadline?