Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flannel & Fleece together.

Give it a try and see how you like it. I have made a couple that way and was happy with the results.
    I did prewash everything and made the seam allowance just a little bigger.

Let us know how it works. :)

Cant wait to hear how it turns out!

Thanks everyone for your input. I will give it a try.

you can use fleece on one side and flannel on the other, and put it together like any raggy quilt with your 'sandwich' squares with the edges (up- seams) then if you are only using one layer of flannel, or no batting you do not even have to quilt each square. that part is your choice. then when it's together clip your seams. the clipping part is necessary, that's what lets the flannel (rag) if you do not clip them it will just string/fray. my kids love flannel/fleece raggy quilts they are so very soft and fluffy! if your flannel is lightweight/ lower quality you will want to prewash it and dry it in a hot dryer before using it. the fleece will not shrink or fade so prewashing is not necessary. i always use pretty expensive flannels and seldom prewash them for raggy's; i just wait till the whole quilt is washed. but that part is up to you only you know what your flannels are. once you make one you will want to make more :)

As the flannel rags the fleece is going to pick up the lint from the flannel. I think you run a risk of ending up with a mess.

9 flannel/fleece raggy quilts later...never had this problem; actually the only problem i 've ever had was trying to make the blocks too big,(15") so they went screwey, but the 9" and smaller blocks never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    As the flannel rags the fleece is going to pick up the lint from the flannel. I think you run a risk of ending up with a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    9 flannel/fleece raggy quilts later...never had this problem; actually the only problem i 've ever had was trying to make the blocks too big,(15") so they went screwey, but the 9" and smaller blocks never had any problems.

Thanks ckcowl, waiting for my fleece to arrive by mail, then I will try it.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl

Thanks, this is good to know.

Thanks everyone for your input on this issue.
    I really love this group, and appreciate everyone's input.

Linda58

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2