Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: flannel quilts

Thank you for your welcome. I am really enjoying myself, everyone seems so helpful and friendly. :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, sidmona. I use unbleached flannel as a backing for bedquilts and I hand quilt - it's lovely to work with! I absolutely agree though that you MUST pre-wash because it can shrink a lot! Ironing yards of flannel is not the most fun job in the world :? but if you have a tumble dryer, another lady on her - Pam - recently posted that a quick whizz through the dryer gets the creases out. Can't try it myself - no dryer!

K x

Love making flannel rag quilts!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am quilting my flannel baby quilts now. They are quilting like a dream. Maybe a little more give than cotton but not bad at all.

Flannel is very forgiving if your seams are not quite meeting, but definitely prewash all the flannel. It will shrink quite a bit. The pattern you picked is a good one---if you ever want to do a flannel quilt with triangles though, be very careful as it will stretch.

I have plaid flannels waiting tobe turned into a quilt. Somewhere I read (on the Internet) to use 1/2 inch seams for flannel. What do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2