Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flannels

Flannels

Has anyone completed a flannel quilt or other project? I just love them and am hoping to make one soon. I want to make a rag quilt and machine quilt each block as I go.

I make Lots of flannel quilts! I also mix flannels in with regular cottons for quilts, use flannel to back quilts made with regular cotton and batiks. I love using flannel! Did you have a question? If you go to the pictures topic & search ( flannel quilts) you will find many here. Also look on pinterest, google images, flickr... There are Tons!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Rag rugs have been popular. You might want to try and advance search and find ideas on how to start. Here is mine I made over 12 year ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    I just made a baby quilt out of flannel for both front and back. It is so soft.

Blog Entries
    I made my son a flannel rag quilt. got fabs on sale at Walmart. came out great. a lot of threads but to be expected. he loved it soft and warm.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    That looks so soft and comfy!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Rag rugs have been popular. You might want to try and advance search and find ideas on how to start. Here is mine I made over 12 year ago.

Ive done several ragg quilts with flannel. They are such a mess right out of the washer/dryer, but once you clean them up they are so cozy and nice.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl

"The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am just finishing my 3rd rag quilt. I love that I don't have to bind them.

I have made several flannel quilts,too, either in all flannel or variations. I have often used a layer of flannel with the batting for extra warmth. Flannel quilts are so cozy and warm. However, I make sure that I purchase more fabric than I think is necessary since the shrinkage is really considerable. I prewash the fabric so that all the shrinking and bleeding happen ahead of time, and I use 1/2 inch seams instead of the usual 1/4. Enjoy - there is some lovely flannel out there!

I have used flannel scraps in scrappy quilting and crumb blocks. I just made my first rag quilt this week, it's a baby girl quilt- no plans for it, just washed it for the first time, very cute. FUN to do, and would probably try another.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast