Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fleece and Flannel.

How many of you like to use fleece and flannel for quilts. I find it warm and easier to quilt. Plus sometimes you want a light weight quilt.

i use tons of flannels and fleece on occassion- both are good in quilting- make soft/fluffy/cozy quilts- i also mix textiles often- meaning the same quilt may contain regular flat cottons, flannels, homespuns, fleece, corduroy,wool...you get the point. as long as i can wash/dry it all together i will use it all together- if it fits the project i am doing

Blog Entries
    Good to know!!

I use them for the additional warmth. It's amazing how cold Iraq and Afghanistan get in the winter.

I also like the additional weight myself. I've enjoyed a flannel quilt for a couple Southern winters.

Flannel sheets are the best and I believe a lot of Alaskans would agree. Now they come in different colors.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I like both material for quilts for winter time. Fleece when it is colder and flannel when it is cool.

Yes it is and I find it ideal for seniors who need to keep body weight but don't anything too heavy on the feet. I just finished one for an 87 family friend and will make one for my cousin in the nursing home. She can't walk but needs something for severe arthritis.