Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Flooding in Paducah. . . Can you believe it

Blog Entries
    Just in time for the AQS show - starting this week -and they have to move everything all over town because hte Ohio River has flooded - WOW - Amazing - Mother Nature and her foibles

Blog Entries
    Yes, there have been several threads on it here this week.

It's going to be a huge job for them to move everything to new buildings. I hope they didn't produce maps to hand out. I feel really bad for all the people affected by this; it could become a real mess.

Blog Entries
    The hotels aren't cancelling reservations due to weather! You show up or not you still have to pay for the room. Now that's lousy. I still plan on driving there Thursday morning. So far none of the bloggers who are there have posted anything about being afraid of flooding as of yet. I think after Wed. the threat will be much lower.

The rain is suppose to be over tomorrow...saying sunshine on Thursday & Friday.

Let's cross our fingers

Power Poster
    I vote for sunshine...all the way from Minnesota!
    Wishing you all good weather and lots of fun in Paducah!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Yes, there have been several threads on it here this week.

It's going to be a huge job for them to move everything to new buildings. I hope they didn't produce maps to hand out. I feel really bad for all the people affected by this; it could become a real mess.
    I'm just off the Ohio River over a 100 miles east of Paducah. Last night's weather up here said we're in for a huge flood----------worst in years. We've had over 10" in 'April, 7" since Friday. More coming tonight and then more WEdnescay and Thursday.

It is really bad. My son is a student at Murray State University and they closed the entire university today because of wind damage and no electricity. Our area is SO flooded and I only have electricity about half the time. I am just thankful that thus far no one has been injured. They have had to completely evacuate the neighborhood down the road from me (Sulphur, KY) because if the damn at the lake breaks the little community will be TOTALLY under water. So strange...that is where we had my Dad's little trailer before he passed away.