Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Floor Cloth

  1. #1
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?

  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,091
    Blog Entries
    47
    I may be wrong but I think it is more the wt of canvas. Put cloth over it or paint on it and use it for a rug.

  3. #3
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,338
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.

  4. #4
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    17
    I thought it was used to make rugs.

  5. #5
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    Did it get really soft when you washed it? I have a lovely piece of cotton fabric I could use for a nice trim on a handtowel maybe I'll try it that.

    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.

  6. #6
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    The description said that it can be used for toweling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I thought it was used to make rugs.

  7. #7
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,810
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I was curious, so I went to fabric.com - the fabric you ordered is toweling. Probably similar to homespun. It is loosly woven, 90% cotton & 10% polyester, so it will shrink as it didn't say pre-shrunk. I would think you can make towels from toweling. It's 19" wide, selvedge on both long sides. All you would need to do is cut the length you want and finish the short edges as desired, i.e., fringe, hem or whatever.

  8. #8
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,338
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Did it get really soft when you washed it? I have a lovely piece of cotton fabric I could use for a nice trim on a handtowel maybe I'll try it that.

    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.
    No, mine came out a stiff, wrinkled mess, frayed terrible and very linty. Yuck! is all I can say!!! Might make good place mats.

  9. #9
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    Oh :-( Maybe I will use it for dusting rags then.

    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Did it get really soft when you washed it? I have a lovely piece of cotton fabric I could use for a nice trim on a handtowel maybe I'll try it that.

    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.
    No, mine came out a stiff, wrinkled mess, frayed terrible and very linty. Yuck! is all I can say!!! Might make good place mats.

  10. #10
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,338
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Oh :-( Maybe I will use it for dusting rags then.

    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Did it get really soft when you washed it? I have a lovely piece of cotton fabric I could use for a nice trim on a handtowel maybe I'll try it that.

    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.
    No, mine came out a stiff, wrinkled mess, frayed terrible and very linty. Yuck! is all I can say!!! Might make good place mats.
    It may leave more dust than it picks up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.