Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Floor Cloth

Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?

Blog Entries
    I may be wrong but I think it is more the wt of canvas. Put cloth over it or paint on it and use it for a rug.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Ok I did something stupid - I was purchasing some items from fabric.com and needed to spend a little more in order to get free shipping so I bought 1/4 yard of something called "Floorcloth". I want to make some pretty kitchen or hand towels with it. Has anyone ever used this?
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was used to make rugs.

Did it get really soft when you washed it? I have a lovely piece of cotton fabric I could use for a nice trim on a handtowel maybe I'll try it that.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    I got some of that too. Just wait till you wash it!!! I haven't figured out what I will do with it, but someday it will get used.

The description said that it can be used for toweling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I thought it was used to make rugs.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was curious, so I went to fabric.com - the fabric you ordered is toweling. Probably similar to homespun. It is loosly woven, 90% cotton & 10% polyester, so it will shrink as it didn't say pre-shrunk. I would think you can make towels from toweling. It's 19" wide, selvedge on both long sides. All you would need to do is cut the length you want and finish the short edges as desired, i.e., fringe, hem or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Did it get really soft when you washed it? I have a lovely piece of cotton fabric I could use for a nice trim on a handtowel maybe I'll try it that.

No, mine came out a stiff, wrinkled mess, frayed terrible and very linty. Yuck! is all I can say!!! Might make good place mats.

Oh :-( Maybe I will use it for dusting rags then.

No, mine came out a stiff, wrinkled mess, frayed terrible and very linty. Yuck! is all I can say!!! Might make good place mats.

Blog Entries
    Oh :-( Maybe I will use it for dusting rags then.

It may leave more dust than it picks up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast