Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Floriani Thread >

Floriani Thread

Floriani Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM

MY LQS is offering a $30 one day embroidery class which will cover thread, stabilizers, etc. A woman from Floriani will be there. If we sign up for the class, we get something like $499 worth of goodies. I asked the LQS lady "what's the catch?", she insists there is no catch. No fabric to buy, etc. Hmm...is anyone familiar with this promotion?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM

If its like the sulky one I went to, they will offer you products at a great discount saving you lots than if you buy it retail, you won't get $499 worth of stuff but it will be discounted, just my guess. They just go over their different products, give you a few samples and then offer discounts. I think sulky was like 60 % off so you could get like a 200 dollar product for like 80 bucks
Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 PM

I have attended this same seminar and felt it was well worth my while. Not counting the gifts (the thread was the best part), I learned so much about stabilizers. Also, I have used many kinds of embroidery thread and Floriani is right up there at the top - probably the best in my opinion.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 PM

But is it like DolphynGyrl said? Do you buy it as a discount? Or is any of it really free?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:01 PM

You'd have to go over the fine print of the offer in order to answer that question- none of us can since we're not familiar with the actual class and the special! Ask the shop that's giving the class exactly how it will work.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 PM

They give you a small sampler box of stablizers and have discounts on their products. Its a very interesting class and for me, it was worth while. HTH
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 PM

sounds enjoyable to me.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

OMG!!! I would be jumping on this right away- not to let such a great deal get away!
and the 'catch' is probably the thread samples you get in your (goodies) will probably be (sample packs) with much less thread on them than what you would get if you bought a spool- it is probably color/weight samples with a limited amount of yardage.
but i think it would be well worth that $30!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:11 AM

I went to one of these last year and Walter Floriani was doing the presentation. It was extremely informative. We did get some freebies. He was also showing their digitizing software which gave me some food for thought the next time my dealer has an upgrade that I have to pay for. Their upgrades are free. Their products were also on sale at reduced prices. Worth the $30 I spent plus we got lunch.

mltquilt
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 AM

I received 10 spools of Floriani thread (same size as the ones I purchased) in their new spring colors (it was March when I attended). One of our guild members is a Floriani distributor and travels all over the country to shows to work at the booth. I checked this over with her before I signed up and she said this is an effort to educate people about Floriani products such as stabilizers and thread and a little bit about his digitizing software. (I already owned the software and will tell you it is the most amazing software I've ever used and I have used several!)

They do offer some amazing deals but I never felt pressured!