Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Flour sack fabric?

Banned
    You know the flour sack towels? (looks like a big cotten diaper) I can get them here BLANK, but now can you buy it by the yard?

Different stores carry different things, if you don't see it I suggest that you ask, sometime they can order it in for you, though they usually want you to buy a bunch not just a yard or two when they do that.

Banned
    i love these flour sacks towels to embroider on and would love yardage for my embroidered blocks for blankets.

I have a bunch of the towels sitting here now to embroidery on. i would love to have some yardage of this!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I have a bunch of the towels sitting here now to embroidery on. i would love to have some yardage of this!!
    Where do you get your towels & price?

I know Nancy's Notions has some with striped colors on them. Hershner's has them and I am pretty sure that coltilde has them too . I used to buy the by the yard stuff from Ben Frankins. I am not sure if they have it anymore.

Banned
    looking at those all now. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Where do you get your towels & price?
    I bought mine at Wall-Mart, and sorry but I don't remember what i paid for them. they were in the section with the dish towels , I think.

Dharma Trading sells them in a 36x40 size which would be the same as getting a yard of quilting fabric. That size is 30.95 for 12, or 2.58 each. http://www.dharmatrading.com/products/fst.html Be sure to read the comments as they mention the lack of uniformity in size and quality of these towels.

Wal-Mart is usually reasonably priced, if it has fabric you can even check there. they used to carry it but they have changed what they carry even. Being in Canada I don't have quiet the same stores to shop at.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast