Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower straight pins

Flower straight pins

You know those cute pins with the flower flat heads? Do they come with numbers or letters on them? I'm thinking they would be great to mark the order of blocks in a row, instead of using post its.

Fons & Porter have something like you describe, but I'm too cheap. I wrote on mine w/a sharpie. I have a whole pin cushion with nothing but flower pins with numbers on them.

That will work...i wasn't sure there wasnenough room to write on them..thanks!

Blog Entries
    I wrote on mine with a sharpie also. The ink eventually wore off, but not before I got that quilt finished.

Instead of those, I cut up a light-colored felt rectangle into 1.5"x1.5" squares and put numbers and letters on each of them with a sharpie marker, then these can be pinned to mark the rows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannytx View Post
    Instead of those, I cut up a light-colored felt rectangle into 1.5"x1.5" squares and put numbers and letters on each of them with a sharpie marker, then these can be pinned to mark the rows.
    Good idea! I bought a pack of little alphabet flower beads you can slip a pin in and pin it to the rows. I love the felt idea, though. Easier to see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill View Post
    Good idea! I bought a pack of little alphabet flower beads you can slip a pin in and pin it to the rows. I love the felt idea, though. Easier to see
    I agree... I've used pieces of paper pinned to the blocks with "row 1, block 1" etc. written on them, but I think I like this idea better - the felt would probably stick without pinning, too.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Alphabet/Number beads and tiny safety pins. the beads have letters and numbers ! Our group of regulars use these all the time

Blog Entries
    i like all of these ideas.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I just use masking tape. I write the numbers directly on the roll leaving a space between and then snip off the numbered piece and always tape it in the upper left. This peels off easily but sticks well while I am assembling the top.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast