Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Flynn Multi-frame system ??????? >

Flynn Multi-frame system ???????

Flynn Multi-frame system ???????

Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM

I'm interested in this frame. I'm also thinking of the Brother 1500. I have the quilting accessory for the Pfaff, it works, but since I can't see where I'm going, it drives me nuts. It only has a 7x9 opening. You also can't sew on the Pfaff without the pedal. (but you can embroider with the pedal. Use up old metallic thread that breaks) The nice thing was it had a Qbot.

I have absolutely no intention of doing a quilt by the standard method. I did a king size on a Pfaff 1471 and dealing with all that fabric in one place just killed any interest. I have now found QAYG and can live with that. I probably wouldn't do beyond 24" square. Since I also have Electric Quilt, I can do what I want, and I like sashing.

I have no room and no desire for a large system. I've played with them, they are nice, but too big.

I want to try some of the freehand patterns. The simple ones I can do on the Pfaff, but not freehand. I use the built-in walking foot. Not too hard once you get the hang of it. But if the curves are small, then it's a nuisance.

How small will the frame go? I just might want to do one square (8 1/2 or larger) at a time. I prefer working one square, one row at a time. Mass production bores me. Then there's the little Edmund frame. Looks like that would work like one of those hoop things they free motion with. It's cheap enough.

Thanks