Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flynn's quilt frame

Are any of you all familiar with this frame? I've been to the website and it looks very nice for the money. I was just wondering is any one on the board has one. I would be using it with my sewing machine.

The frame moves, so you need lots of room to either side of your machine. A frame that the machine moves on takes up less room.

Blog Entries
    I have one and Love it!!
    You do need a certain amount of space toe work, but not as much as a long arm machine!!
    You can find them out there on E-Bay or such for a better price. I got mine for 35.oo on E-
    Bay. Someone passed and the person in charge had no clue what it was, sold it still in the box, never used.

I had one and it wasn't a bad frame but I like to make large quilts so it didn't work for me. If you make crib size or smaller or have a very large area to work in it's OK. I ended up getting a Grace frame for my Juki machine and it works better for me. There are a lot of people on here who love them.

I have the first version quilt frame (had to buy my own pvc pipe) and I have a hard time machine quilting with it, however, I use it for hand basting my quilts.

There's a link on here where some made their own for less than $30 too.

I had my DH make just the basic frame but I haven't tried it out yet.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-24223-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I had one and it wasn't a bad frame but I like to make large quilts so it didn't work for me. If you make crib size or smaller or have a very large area to work in it's OK. I ended up getting a Grace frame for my Juki machine and it works better for me. There are a lot of people on here who love them.
    Could you elaborate a little Patti? Is the Grace frame a regular large long arm? Is your Juki just for this or do you do your piecing on it too?

We used a tutorial from here on the board and made mine for less than sixteen dollars Followed this one http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-24223-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rainybug
    I have one and Love it!!
    You do need a certain amount of space toe work, but not as much as a long arm machine!!
    You can find them out there on E-Bay or such for a better price. I got mine for 35.oo on E-
    Bay. Someone passed and the person in charge had no clue what it was, sold it still in the box, never used.
    I have one and love it too!

I had one, it was ok for the time being but now I upgraded to a full size long arm machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast