Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FM quilting help! >

FM quilting help!

FM quilting help!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM

I love this board! I was just obsessing about the same problem this afternoon and no matter how I tried I couldn't keep the darker thread from showing on the back just a teeny bit. It hadn't occurred to me that washing and drying the finished quilt will probably make it all go away! Thanks everyone!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by rosiewell View Post
I am new at FM machine quilting having quilted by hand for the last 25 years. I am quilting a border and I am using blue thread for the top and white for the bobbin so that my horrible quilting doesn't jump up. Problem is that try as I may to fix the tensions a tiny blue thread shows up on the reverse on every stitch, is this normal? Please advise before I take it apart one more time. Thanks for the help!
I'm having this problem too. Glad to know why it is and that washing and drying can cover it some what. When you are trying to do it right it is frustrating !! I'll relax some and have fun!! Thanks From me too!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 PM

The info that came with my Tin Lizzie says it is almost impossible to have a perfectly balanced stitch and they recommend using same color top & bobbin. Even professional quilters have this problem when using different threads. Some of them will "color" the little dots with a fabric pen if it's a show quilt