Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FMQ gloves with dots and no fingertips

Blog Entries

FMQ gloves with dots and no fingertips

In one of my catalogs (I think) I saw some beige stretchy gloves for FMQing and they had the finger tips gone and had dots for good grip on your quilt. i can't find the catalog or magazine I saw them in.
    i have some Handeze gloves taht fit the wrist nicely but no dots and the whole finger lengths are gone. i want the tips only gone and the dots. anyone??

Blog Entries
    Oh I think I just found them. in keepsakequilting.com catalog. called Thera-glove grippers. anyone have a pair?? I have the blue Fon's and Porter ones but they get hot and i can't grip my straight pins with the fingertips covered. i like the look of the Thera-glove. I may have to call to see what size.

If the fingertips are gone in those gloves ... how do you have dots on the finger tips?

Any of the gloves I tried just seemed to be too bulky and uncomfortable.

Now, I just use finger cots.
    Works for me!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-17-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of 'gripper palm' gloves in hardware stores from cheap to pricey. I'm going to try a pair; maybe even cut off the finger tips.

I have heard that you can use the gardening gloves with the rubberized palms & cut the fingertips off... don't know if that would really work or not, though.

Blog Entries
    I use the gardening gloves from Home Depot and cut off the thumb and pointer fingers (so I could pick up stuff) and they work great! Someone else on this board shared this tip but I can't remember who.
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    most of the gloves i see are too loose, like gardening gloves. the Fon's and Porter ones are too long for my fingers and i have long fingers! yes, the dots are on the whole palm. these have spandex and fit much better.

Power Poster
    Love my Machingers gloves! They have a mesh like fabric with rubberized fingertips. My hands don't sweat in them and I will be buying the same brand when mine wear out. I have had mine for about 3 years and they are still great. I wash them with dish soap when they get dirty. I put them on, add a little soap and wash my hands/gloves, rinse well and hand to dry. Well worth the $8 dollars I paid for them?

I also love my Machinger gloves. I have taught myself to pick up pins, etc with them on (it took practice, patience and lots of comical moments, but it can be done! ). I personally wouldn't use gardening gloves, too much danger of all that loose fabric from the gloves getting caught under the needle - ouch! But to each his own.

I have heard of folks using the Machingers but cutting off the thumb and forefinger glove tip. Just another thought to throw out there . . .

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.
    What about using Rubber Finger tip grippers? Would those work? And if you need the use of a finger, just pull one off. They come in different sizes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast