Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: FMQ and puckers

I am new to FMQ. I just finished a lap quilt. It has a couple of puckers on the back. Will they still be noticeable when i wash it? Do i have to take it all out to fix it? Help please!!

I gives it character! :)
    After being washed it may not be as noticeable, but it will not disappear. But as my friends tell me, if they wanted an absolutely perfect quilt, they'd buy a mass produced one from the store. The imprefections mean it was made with love.

Love your avatar, reminds me of Josie, my black pug...if she can't sit on my lap she will lay on my shoes

Quote Originally Posted by kclausing
    After being washed it may not be as noticeable, but it will not disappear. But as my friends tell me, if they wanted an absolutely perfect quilt, they'd buy a mass produced one from the store. The imprefections mean it was made with love.

I totally agree here! I too, am fairly new to FMQ, and those puckers are special "love" stitches, one of a kind, that go in to that quilt! My favorite quilts are imperfect ones!

Love that theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a class I took the instructor showed us how to fix the puckers. rip out the stitching on each side of the pucker. Using thin, thin pins (can't think of the name of them right now) you pin closely together from the back easing in the fullness, until the pucker is gone, then from the front you can stitch slowly right over the pins. You will be more satisfied with the puckers gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GemState
    In a class I took the instructor showed us how to fix the puckers. rip out the stitching on each side of the pucker. Using thin, thin pins (can't think of the name of them right now) you pin closely together from the back easing in the fullness, until the pucker is gone, then from the front you can stitch slowly right over the pins. You will be more satisfied with the puckers gone.
    I just remembered! I think they are dressmakers pins.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsister63
    Love that theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    If the puckers are small, I would just leave them alone :D:D:D

Thank you GemState!