Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker >

Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker

Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker

Old 01-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Mary Fons took over when her mother, Marianne, and Liz Porter retired. Mary Fons has decided to leave the show to get a higher degree. Another host was found, forgot her name. This new host will be on the new episodes.
Just got my J/F 2017 Love of Quilting magazine today. Here's the scoop: Near the back there is an article about Sara Gallegos, the new host of LOQ Show. Says both Fons and Porter are now retired, and Mary left the show to pursue a MFA in Creative Writing. Angela Huffman will do 4 shows, with Marianne Fons on 3 of them, while Sara is finishing up prior commitments. Says it will start airing in January 2017. Where, who knows? When I searched CreateTV for the program, nothing showed and it said to check back in a couple weeks.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:02 PM

I agree Doris -- I love Eleanor Burns because I can make a quilt from the directions and measurements she gives. Thanks, OnebyOne -- I was wondering what was going on because Marianne and this stranger were on today. Like the magazine, I guess the show will have the name but not the folks. We're all getting older.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad the show is continuing so I won't complain who the host will be. I've never notice the push for viewers to buy, no more then other quilt shows. Did you know on Simply Quilts the guest quilter had to pay to be on the show so they plugged their books and patterns heavily to make it worthwhile.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:15 PM

I watch it - it comes on Mon. And Fri. Create TV. I really like it, not always the same host. I can see from begining to end how to make a quilt. Nice customer sent in ideas at the end. Wish I new the names of the people. I really like the man and lady I see a lot. Will notice that better. I really enjoy that show. Others seem to hit this and that for maybe 5 to 8 mins. Then on to another tip. I like them too but not as much as staying on one pattern and idea.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Interesting how the love of quilting show is evolving.....but, unfortunately it's the only one in town.....there's one called quilting arts-too many things in that short 1/2 hr., sewing w Nancy, when she does quilting.....

yes, when it was Marianna and Liz, they would give measurements as they went along....now, all info is referenced to their website, and there one is referred to the book/ hard copy or digital for real info......I've also noticed that the cutting mat is flipped so you can't see inch lines........like everyone one else....selling their wares.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by dorismae904 View Post
I too watch the F&P. What I dislike about all of the shows is that they don't give you any fabric measurements. It seems like they want to make more money from people buying their magazines or patterns.
Have noticed for some time that they twll you what issue pattern and info is in, no sizes or other info. You have to buy mag. and that is not all that nice.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Have noticed for some time that they twll you what issue pattern and info is in, no sizes or other info. You have to buy mag. and that is not all that nice.
Well, it is a business. It costs them money to be on the air. Where is that money going to come from if not product sales? Nice or not, that's the reality of it.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I agree Doris -- I love Eleanor Burns because I can make a quilt from the directions and measurements she gives. Thanks, OnebyOne -- I was wondering what was going on because Marianne and this stranger were on today. Like the magazine, I guess the show will have the name but not the folks. We're all getting older.
I watch F&P and also Sewing with Nancy (love it when she is quilting) on PBS. Where do you find Eleanor Burns? Is she on PBS or another network? I've never heard of Create TV but I'm going to look for that. At least Eleanor will give you the measurements. I agree it's frustrating that they won't give the size information on F&P.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:22 AM

This is like, nancy'a notions hasn't been owned by ZIEMAN for years...she sold to Amazing designs.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

You can go on youtube and subscribe to as many quilt sites as you want. You can watch as much as you want. Our create channel here shows a show several times a week. Not for me anymore.