Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker >

Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker

Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker

Old 01-07-2017, 06:29 AM

Default Fons & Porter presents Quiltmaker

I subscribe to Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting and also to Quiltmaker. I just noticed that on my latest Quiltmaker in small letters above the title it says Fons & Porter presents. Has Fons & Porter purchased Quiltmaker? What is going on?
Old 01-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

Fons and Porter sold their magazine some years ago, just kept the name. It is is the publishing company that owns the rights to Fons and Porter and other quilt magazines. It's the same publisher that owns Reader's Digest, Taste of Home, and many more.

Last edited by Onebyone; 01-07-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:33 AM

...nothing is really what it appears to be. I caught the tail end of what I think is a new episode of f&p tv series.....Marianne Fons was co-hosting with a woman I did not recognize, nor did I see her name...even did the tips at end of show....so, my thought is this is perhaps a new host for new episodes? Anyone know the back story?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Just saw an episode of their quilting show and Marianne was not even the host; it was two ladies I had never seen before and they did have the tips at the end of the show with Mary. It's been a long time since I had seen the show and I just got in sort of the end of the show. I use to watch a lot of the sewing/quilting shows especially Simply Quilts and when that went away so did I.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Not sure what is the problem with F&P on Create TV. Our local channels run the Create 'ad' that F&P is coming up next, but they usually run Quilting Arts or Sewing with Nancy in the place. Maybe the price of F&P went up?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

both Mother and daughter were on the show today and it was a new one. no idea what is going on. usually it's a man with a guest.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:05 AM

I've noticed this as well. Been watching F&P for years now but there seems to be a shift to guest hosts.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:12 AM

I haven't watched it in a while. It comes on PBS in our area when they are not doing their fund drives...which is a lot of the time. They need to realize that some of us would support them more if they kept those favorites going. Also this is football season at our house and my husband has been so down lately that anything that he actually wants to see ...we watch. Wish the old Simply Quilts Show was still on. It was my favorite!!
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Mary Fons took over when her mother, Marianne, and Liz Porter retired. Mary Fons has decided to leave the show to get a higher degree. Another host was found, forgot her name. This new host will be on the new episodes.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:14 PM

I too watch the F&P. What I dislike about all of the shows is that they don't give you any fabric measurements. It seems like they want to make more money from people buying their magazines or patterns.