Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fons & Porter Reply

Fons and Porter responded, thanking me for telling them to read this forum. No other comments. Wonder if they will take the time to read all the posts from members?

I hope they listen to us !! That's what they are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Owllady
    Fons and Porter responded, thanking me for telling them to read this forum. No other comments. Wonder if they will take the time to read all the posts from members?
    Sure wish JoAnn's and Walmart would do the same.

I must have missed something. Is there a problem with them?

Quote Originally Posted by stefanib123
    I must have missed something. Is there a problem with them?
    Most of us aren't happy with their magazine---the fact that's it's so much advertising, the clothing catalog insert, the thing with the minute you subscribe they start sending you renewal cards, etc.

Blog Entries
    Now I am getting 2-3 emails per day about events she is having in the Chicago area. Some about a new book. I never agreed to those. I wonder is this new type of advertising is why Liz Porter got out.

Personally, I don't think the magazine is the same quality as just a couple of years ago.

Another disconcerting thing is if you want to buy a kit from them. You have to buy the magazine to go with it! I think if you buy a kit you should get the pattern with it!

Also, I think it's a bit much to use another manufacturer product, put your own name on it and then sell it for twice as much! I don't like paying someone to advertise for them!

I think they are getting a bit too "MARTHA STEWART" for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnquilt
    Personally, I don't think the magazine is the same quality as just a couple of years ago.

Another disconcerting thing is if you want to buy a kit from them. You have to buy the magazine to go with it! I think if you buy a kit you should get the pattern with it!

Also, I think it's a bit much to use another manufacturer product, put your own name on it and then sell it for twice as much! I don't like paying someone to advertise for them!

I think they are getting a bit too "MARTHA STEWART" for my taste.
    Ooooh, the Martha Stewart line is EXACTLY how I feel about their magazine! :thumbdown: But as far as advertising....in this market today, where newspapers and magazines are going out of business, I can understand why they're having to add more ads....SAD but true!

I know this isn't regarding Fons & Porter but I found the same problem with "Piecework" Magazine. I had found some old copies of the magazine that my motherhad and thought,"Wow, this is a great mag.."So I ordered it, hoping to get the same quality and quantity of information. Boy, was I ever disappointed! The magazine was half the size and FULL of advertising. I sent back the invoice and did not subscribe.I was glad I got a look before having to pay.

Has anyone been to K-mart lately? Everyone in Illinois is thinking of calling it Martha,s Stewart,s. You cant go in a store without seeing her name anywhere. I remember when you could buy a pair of drapes, now all you can buy is a panel, for the same price. Now she is in our quilting stores. When will it quit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast