Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fons & Porter white pencil lead and fabric from Connecting Threads >

Fons & Porter white pencil lead and fabric from Connecting Threads

Fons & Porter white pencil lead and fabric from Connecting Threads

Old 06-19-2008, 06:00 PM

We've had a lot of discussion lately about marking fabrics. I've had the problem, as well as a number of you, with finding something to mark dark fabrics with something that leaves a thin enough line that actually shows up well. Well look no further!!! :D I just got my order from Connecting Threads. The Fons & Porter white leads that fit a .9 mechanical pencil are marvelous. They make a thin white line that shows up really well. Love, love, love it! Where were they when I started this black, brown and beige quilt? I only have one more block to construct.

Additionally, I got my first fabric from them, first of all in a kit to make a small child a lady bug quilt and in a couple of collections of 5" charm squares. The fabric is so luscious, almost like silk. I can't wait to finish my quilt so I can cut into it. Someone on the board had recommended this company and now so do I. Check it out at connectingthreads.com . Oh, by the way I ordered it Sunday and got it on Thursday. Fast service.

Linda
Old 06-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Thanks for the tip. Just what I was looking for.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 PM

I've ordered some fat quarters from them (they're gorgeous!), and am now working on a quilt kit for Hubby for Christmas. I love their stuff!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:53 AM

I have ordered a couple of times from them and very pleased so far. Think they are the ones with free shipping over $50.00 - usually no problem with spending that much. Just bought their thread that someone said was great - haven't used it yet.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 AM

I've been using their thread to piece with, and so far my machine and I both love it (you know how that goes, if one of us isn't happy then nobody's happy!)
Old 06-20-2008, 05:12 AM
Banned

Cool. I'm glad you found something you like. I'll check into it
Old 06-20-2008, 12:02 PM

I have ordered from Connecting Threads several times and I have always been VERY pleased. Glad to know that others have had the same experience.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

I'm going to have to try that pencil. I've seen it in several mags., but didn't figure it was worth the cost...welll, now I know! :wink: I love the thread from Connecting Threads...its wonderful. I'm not so sure on some of the fabric...some I love and then some has a sheen to it that I don't care for. I'm a little afraid to order more fabric since I don't know which ones will shine and which won't. Their service is great though and I'll never buy thread anywhere else again!