Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foot Pedal Help

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Foot Pedal Help

Does anybody have advice on what to do with slidding foot pedals on carpet? I have two that slides on the carpet. I've tried putting a mouse pad under them and that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

If you have a $ store near you, they sell rubber non stick mats for appliances. I purchased 1 in white for my sewing machine so it would not slide. I am sure you can use it under your foot pedal, too. It only cost a dollar.

Blog Entries
    i tried several things. finally got a strip of velcro and stuck it to the bottom. i have a flat carpet in my sewing room so i didn't need the other strip. it stays put now.

Blog Entries
    The peel and stick heavy duty velcro is what you need. I have the berber type carpet in my sewing room and two strips across the pedal holds the thing so secure I have to use two hands to pull it off the floor. I used the scratchy part of the velcro, you don't need the smooth side.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I tried the mouse pad thing too, but realized it didn't work because that one side is SUPPOSED to be slick (the side you use your mouse on). So I took two old mouse pads and glued them together top to top. Now it doesn't slide anywhere.

I bought a roll of the rubber shelf liner at the $ store. It looks kind of like mesh. I cut a piece off and put it under the foot pedal. It works great.

Gotta love the $ store for inexpensive things that help us in our craft. I need some of this for my sewing room.

mltquilt

Pedal Sta II, love it

Blog Entries
    My solution is cheap. It's also available to everyone. I just sew in sock feet. No shoes. That way I can curl my toes over the end of the footpedal and it stays put. IMHO
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

Quote Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
    My solution is cheap. It's also available to everyone. I just sew in sock feet. No shoes. That way I can curl my toes over the end of the footpedal and it stays put. IMHO
    Hahahaha! Good one. I'm sorry but the picture of a foot with toes curled over the foot pedal makes me giggle. However, if it works, well go for it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast