Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: foot pedal

Do they make such a thing as a foot pedal for a sewing machine you can buy that you can adjust the speed on, making so you can only go so fast. I just have a plain Jane Brother and I find my self having a hard time keeping a steady speed going thus making my stitches get smaller. If I could stop it somehow from going faster and stay at an even speed my FMQ would be so much nicer. Thanks for any info on this

Blog Entries
    I've heard of people putting a block or book under the back of it so that it stops the foot pedal from going too far down.

I have a Husqvarna Viking SE and it has speed control botton where you don't have to use a foot pedal at all...Just set your speed push the on botton and your set.
    Most Viking machines have this botton...

Blog Entries
    But it sounds like the OP has a plain jane machine that doesn't have a speed control. My old Janome didn't have one and I had to learn to control it via the foot pedal, which wasn't always easy.

When I use my plain jane brother I take off my shoes, this gives me better control. I also put a phone book under my heel to keep me from resting my foot too hard on the pedal.

Blog Entries
    I slipped a piece of wood between the flapper part and the base( does that makes sense?)so I couldn't push it all the eway down. I used popcycle sticks and glued them together until I got the thickness I needed. You could use a thickness of fabric too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Sews
    When I use my plain jane brother I take off my shoes, this gives me better control. I also put a phone book under my heel to keep me from resting my foot too hard on the pedal.
    What Kat Sews said plus if you can get a piece of sponge, foam or something that can be placed in between the peddle and the body of the foot controller it will limit your speed.

I rest my foot on that annoying shelfie bit under the Horn sewing cabinet and use my heel on the footpedal

Blog Entries
    I am planning to duct tape a wedge to mine to get a consistent speed for fmq. I can always remove that later.

thanks for the ideas think I will atpe something there also