Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Forgotten stash found!

RDM
    Blog Entries
    This happens every time I re-organize my studio space, I find forgotten hidden fabrics. You're right, it's like new stuff.

Luv those surprises!!!

Constantly rediscovering... everytime I start a new project to clean the room!

Yes, I've done all of this. Last year as I was finishing Christmas projects thinking I had shrunk my supply a bit I found about 7 yards of fabric I purchased at the end of the season close-out sale! And yes I have multiple copies of a few patterns. Oh well...

Yes and no. I never forget where I have fabric stashed away, but I frequently forget just what fabric is in those boxes. That is why I love those clear plastic bins. I'm trying to use up the fabric in the cardboard boxes now. Guses what my friend and neighbor got me for Christmas. You guessed it - more fabric.
    Happy quilting Grandma

Oh, yeah! Last summer I purchased 5 1-yd cuts of some beautiful batiks, then put them away when I got home & forgot them. Found them a few weeks later, but still haven't decided what I'm going to create from them!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Oh, an addittion to the above note...If I do purchase fabric with a project in mind, I tend to put the pattern for said project with my purchase; that way if I 'lose it' for awhile and then rediscover it, I have what I need and the reason for it.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

I'm like JoJo47, I put the pattern with the fabric .....I can't tell you how many times I bought fabric for a certain pattern and used it for something else. One of these days I'll have to quit buying more fabrics and patterns and use some of the 35 or 40 projects I have sitting on the shelf. My problem is I hang out at the LQS too much....BOM, Thimbleberries club, sew group. If I could just stay away from all the new fabrics and patterns!!
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5