Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Found Glue Bottle Tips

  1. #1
    Super Member Airwick156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    I received a magazine in the mail from Mirco-Mark the small tool specialists. They have a website www.micromark.com and I was looking in their catalog and came across these. I think they may be small enough tips for gluing binding on. In the magazine they are $5.15 for 2 empty one ounce bottles...or $5.95 for 2 empty two ounce bottles. On the website they are a little bit more. I have looked at Joanns and Michaels, Fred Meyers (Krogers) and Walmart and couldn't find them.

    Fine Glue bottle tips
    Name:  Attachment-210443.jpe
Views: 151
Size:  8.4 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member gzuslivz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington
    Posts
    1,470
    Smart idea! I wonder if they have them at Harbor Freight. They have just about everything else.

  3. #3
    Super Member Airwick156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    Smart idea! I wonder if they have them at Harbor Freight. They have just about everything else.
    I did a search on harbor freights and they only seem to have a 12 peice glue spreader kit #98600 for $7.99 and I am not sure that they have as small of a tip in all of those.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jean1941's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    964
    Blog Entries
    2
    When you glue blinding do you go back and sewing it then???

  5. #5
    Super Member montanajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Montana
    Posts
    1,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Tip looks much like the air hose tip used to inflate son's basketball - hmmmmm????

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by jean1941
    When you glue blinding do you go back and sewing it then???
    Yes, Jean, the glue is used instead of pins to hold the binding while you sew it. Makes it much easier. The glue will disolve when you wash the quilt. I love this method!

  7. #7
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    I received a magazine in the mail from Mirco-Mark the small tool specialists. They have a website www.micromark.com and I was looking in their catalog and came across these. I think they may be small enough tips for gluing binding on. In the magazine they are $5.15 for 2 empty one ounce bottles...or $5.95 for 2 empty two ounce bottles. On the website they are a little bit more. I have looked at Joanns and Michaels, Fred Meyers (Krogers) and Walmart and couldn't find them.
    Hi Deanna, *great name* tis my daughter's as well :)

    I would love to get those too! Thanks so much for sharing with us here!

  8. #8
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,671
    Blog Entries
    2
    Great find! I use empty printer ink refill bottles. They look the same as these. I noticed Roxanne's Basting Glue now comes in this type of bottle too and it's refillable.

  9. #9
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,700
    I found mine at Micheals and Walmart. They were in with the fabric paints.

  10. #10
    Super Member thepolyparrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,027
    These are the ones I use - no rust and the metal tips screw onto the plastic tips and unscrew for cleaning.

    The ones with the syringe tips were making me crazy - soaking in alcohol and water - these are easy to clean with a pipe cleaner or toothpick.

    You can buy a bunch of replacement tips pretty cheap, too.

    http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1708-AA.shtml

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.