Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Four Patch Posy pattern >

Four Patch Posy pattern

Four Patch Posy pattern

Old 11-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Bellaboo is a member of my guild. She did make a 4 patch posy and it's beautiful. LOL
Old 11-16-2015, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

These are super fun. Bethany Reynolds has videos on how to cut and stack the fabrics... 4 layers for this one. Then cut strips and cross cut them into squares. It's as simple as that!

You put the same corner of all 4 repeats towards the center to make them appear like a kaliedoscope.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01922.jpg   dsc01924.jpg  
Old 11-17-2015, 06:16 AM

Please don't give up. I taught myself by using youtube videos and then bought the book by Bethany Reynolds. S&W are my favorites. Once you reassemble the four smaller squares, you have a larger square that could be put in any pattern where a square is called for, like the middle of stars, etc. Four-patch triangles can be used in pinwheels that give the neatest effect. Also, if you don't like the way a square looks, you can keep turning them quarter turns and have a completely different look. Just make sure you get all of them the same way (ask how I know). You can use as alternating blocks with log cabins, etc. There is so much variation and I have seen some astonishing ones posted on here. The part I haven't ever totally figured out are the stacks mentioned in the book. But I just make up my own and go from there. Please keep trying to "get it." You can do this!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:16 AM

I have that pattern. Took a class several years ago at LQS and enjoyed it. Glad she was there to explain how to do it and what to look for when buying the fabric. It is time consuming but the results are beautiful, with the right piece of fabric. I want to do another quilt with this pattern but just never seem to find the time.