Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: frames for home machine quilting

frames for home machine quilting

I have seen several quilting frames advertised for home machines, some provide kits. Would like to hear what you have experienced or have knowledge about any of these.

Blog Entries
    If you do a search here on Ken Lund, you will find several posts about his kit.

I spent over $100 on a Flynn Quilting System. It was too much hassle as I had to stop and re-roll everything every couple of inches. It is a great idea but just didn't work for what I wanted.

I have a New Joy gold standard frame. The gold standard is discontinued now, but I always find them on-line for sale. New Joy's newest frame is their "Magic". You might google "shortarm quilting frames". Good luck
    SUEB

When Handi Quilter first came out I purchased their frame system and put my Brother PQ1300 on it. Worked fine for smaller quilts - up to twin size. Going any bigger than that with a machine that only had a 9" harp was a pain. As you roll the quilt up, it takes up space in the harp, thus giving you less room. I recommend doing lots of research before you buy anything.

I got my Brother PQ 1300 on Craigslist for $150. We spent $200 for my DH to build my frame. Then $50 for the speed controller for the machine. $400 would pay for 2, maybe 3 big quilts to go to the LAQ. I will do many more than that on my frame. It isn't as great as a long arm, but it is what I can afford. It is so nice to see my tops finally becoming quilts. I love mine.

I have the Ken Lund one and it worked out well once we changed out the wheels to rolling coaster wheels. I agree with the person above about having roll and unrool all four of the poles after stitching about a foot deep and to the length of the poles. That is the one thing I am not crazy about. I am thinking of taking my new machine off the frame and trying FMQ now so I can see how my machine is that way using the knee press instead of the foot pedal. When it is on the frame I cannot use that knee feature.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!