Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Frankenquilt

http://www.jasa.net.au/quilt.htm

I planned out my Jane Austen Quilt so meticulously. How did this happen?!?!?! It must be those dreaded diamonds. I swear, I'll never quilt another diamond for as long as I live.

It's huge. Flippin HUGE. I'd planned it out queen size but I think it's going to be California king by the time it's all done. I haven't nearly got all the pieces together, but initial measurements are waaaay off of plan. What am I going to do with this beast? I planned everything down to the last quarter inch. How could this happen? *SCREAM*

I'm sorry. I have looked at this quilt and admired it, but not gotten beyond that. You can do it with INKLINGO now... I don't see a pic of your quilt... or did you put one up?

Show us pics when it's done.

It's scattered all over the place and won't fit on my design wall (I need more wall!). I'll see if I can get the monster in a single shot once it's done. I'm just feeling pretty frustrated with it right now :(

Blog Entries
    I did that. Luckily my quilt was blocks! Ended up with a BIG queen and 2 twin quilts!!lol

Just to make sure - have you already quilted it? If not, couldn't you simply reduce it in size and make a lap quilt our of the remainder of the diamonds.

Blog Entries
    Did you see this memo on the link you posted:
    "Note:
    A quilter has contacted JASA saying that these patch quantities are incorrect. JASA is not in a position to verify this. Please do your own calculations"

Maybe the incorrect patch quantities are greater than what you really need??

I'm trying to come up with a good jane austin quote but coming up dry.

I didn't use their measurements, I used my own. Mainly because I'm a slacker. I used a lot fewer patches, but made them bigger. It looks very simple, but those dratted diamonds! I think I found my waterloo. I'm becoming more and more fond of squares every day!

Better too big than too small I guess.

Blog Entries
    Do you have just blocks still, or have you started sewing them into rows? It will shrink quite a bit after sewing - 1/2 inch for every seam.