Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fraternity Quilt >

Fraternity Quilt

Fraternity Quilt

Old 04-28-2014, 10:37 AM

Default Fraternity Quilt

Has anyone made a quilt for someone in a fraternity. My granddaughter wants to make her boyfriend a quilt while she's at home over the summer. (she's never sewn before) I told her we'd do it together. She'd like a few squares that have something special in them. Can you order the Greek letters or the frat logos. I saw a quilt that had a beer stein in a square. Have no idea what to put in the special squares or how to do it. I suggested we just do a quilt in the fraternity colors but she wants it to be more personalized. Help.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 AM

You could probably go to the school website and buy patches, penets, t shirsts and such to incorporate into it. Maybe have her bring some pictures you can print out on to fabric, the Greek letters can be appliquéd on to blocks and it can be done in school colors.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

If you have an embroidery machine (or know someone who does) you can embroider some blocks.
Here's a link to one site with several versions. They also sell the letters individually from at least one of the alphabets, so you don't have to buy the whole pack.
http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/search....eek%20alphabet