Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Free Pin >

Free Pin

Free Pin

Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I really think you need to let go of the idea of having a mass produced "official" QB membership pin. Aside from the previously mentioned copyright and trademark hurdles, it's simply not appropriate to have something members have to PAY for to show their association with QB. Far better for everyone to come up with their own ID using their own talents and their own resources. No one winds up being excluded that way and it reinforces the uniqueness of each of us.
That's always been how I've felt about this, too. It's very pleasing to know that members want to obtain items that promote our community, but our members come from around the world and across the spectrum in terms of income and available "fritter funds".

Would I love to sip my morning coffee from a big ol' QB mug? yes.
But I worry that manufacture and sale of such products would signal a drastic change in the nature, purpose, and "feel" of our community.

The QuiltingBoard name and logo are owned by Internet Brands. They are protected by copyright and trademark laws.

I'd be very surprised if the company would go to the trouble to track down and sue an individual who made something she could use to identify herself as a QB member so long as it was for her exclusive personal use. However, in order to sell (or give away) to others "QB Pins" or any other product that claims to be a "QuiltingBoard item" (e.g. t-shirts, tote bags, etc), the vendor would have to obtain a license from Internet Brands, Inc.

At this time, no such license has been granted that I'm aware of.

Should the company decide to engage in the manufacture and sale of promotional items I'm sure they would only make them available through our site and not from independent or external vendors.

As things stand now, if anybody offers to make and sell such an item to you they are offering to involve you in an illegal activity.

Last edited by patricej; 04-27-2012 at 01:13 AM.