Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Freecycle >

Freecycle

Freecycle

Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM

I just wanted to throw out a thank you to all the people on the board. I know every once in a while I run across a post reminding all of us how lucky we are to have each other. Thats what I wanted to do. :)

About a year ago I ran across a post that mentioned Freecycle. I am lucky to have one in my area and have been the lucky one on the taker side. More importantly - and the much more fun part of Freecycle is the giving part.

I was able to give the mom of a little girl my scraps - which I would not work with (I know how lucky I am for that) for her to practice with in the hopes to make some things for her little girl.

Of course it is great to get - but so much more fun to give. Without this board I don't know that I would give as much as I do.

Thanks for being such a great group of people!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by cminor
I just wanted to throw out a thank you to all the people on the board. I know every once in a while I run across a post reminding all of us how lucky we are to have each other. Thats what I wanted to do. :)

About a year ago I ran across a post that mentioned Freecycle. I am lucky to have one in my area and have been the lucky one on the taker side. More importantly - and the much more fun part of Freecycle is the giving part.

I was able to give the mom of a little girl my scraps - which I would not work with (I know how lucky I am for that) for her to practice with in the hopes to make some things for her little girl.

Of course it is great to get - but so much more fun to give. Without this board I don't know that I would give as much as I do.

Thanks for being such a great group of people!
I love this board too. I also am going to do my part. My DDIL does a lot of stuff with freecycle, so she is going to take my fabric that I no longer have any use for and put it on freecycle for me. It is ridiculous for me to keep this stuff in my closets when someone can be using it. Since my Gkids are no longer enjoying my homemade clothes, I will donate corduroys and a bunch of madras plaids. I too wouldn't have thought of that till I saw a posting here. I also say thanks.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:12 PM

I love freecycle. I asked for and got a really nice car seat for my grandson on there. And of course I give away pretty much anything I would have taken to goodwill. The individuals receiving the items want them....and are very appreciative. I have had nothing but good results.