Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Freezer paper/lables

Blog Entries
    I had seen some where how to make labes using freezer paper and your computurer to print them out.
    Anyone know what I am talking about?? Please send me to where I am find this.
    Thanks

I think what they were talking about is - ironing your fabric to freezer paper to feed through your printer. The fabric should be treated so it doesn't fade as much, or at all. I just buy the pretreated fabric that is already to go through the printer.
    Then I use my PrintShop program, design my label and then print it out.
    Any time you feed fabric through your printer it needs to be backed with something that is stiffer. Starch won't do it. You also should make sure that there are no stray threads hanging off the sides of the freezer paper. You don't want them getting caught up in the printer.

Blog Entries
    go to the top of this screen - click on search - type in freezer paper. keep scrolling down & you will see what you're looking for.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your help

Blog Entries
    And please remember that this method only works with ink jet printers. If you try it on a laser printer, you may ruin your printer. The printer heat is hotter than an iron. It could cause the plastic to melt thru the fabric onto the printer drum. Also, if a corner fo the fabric came loose from the freezer paper, something could wrap around the drum.

Blog Entries
    I am not finding the one I seen about a week ago in Links & Resources. She showed doing it with yellow material. And yes she showd doing it with the printer???.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I've heard that ink-jet ink doesn't hold up well with multiple washings. Has anyone had that problem, or heard otherwise?

oh this is interesting! I would love to hear more about this

There is a product called Bubble Jet Set. It is supposed to help prevent inkjet fading. Try a google search for it.

Cindy

I iron my fabric to freezer paper and print out my label on the inkjet printer, after formatting it on the computer. It is not colorfast, so I trace over my label with pigma pens. I then remove the freezer paper, press under the edges about 1/2" and use a fancy stitch to act as a border. They wash well and look nice.