Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Friend needs a little help

Blog Entries

Friend needs a little help

A friend of mine needs help finding a replacement foot control. Sears Kenmore website indicates part is no longer available. Her machine is a Sears Kenmore model 158.1792181 s/n: 0001593. I believe the foot control part # is 57544. I've told her if anyone can help is the people on the Quilt Board! Thank's in advance.
    Mavis

Did she try the sears website? They do sell parts there. Toll free # is 800-252-1698. Also, try Amazon. I just googled that part number and several places came up.

Blog Entries
    Sears website indicated part is no longer available; but hadn't thought of the Amazon site. I'll try there for her. Thank's.
    Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
    A friend of mine needs help finding a replacement foot control. Sears Kenmore website indicates part is no longer available. Her machine is a Sears Kenmore model 158.1792181 s/n: 0001593. I believe the foot control part # is 57544. I've told her if anyone can help is the people on the Quilt Board! Thank's in advance.

I bought one a while back by just googleing sewing machine foot control. Cost about $50. I've forgotten the site, but they show them by the plug, so you will know the choice is right.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Junior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    If you contact some local sewing machine repair shops, they may just have an old one kicking around.
    And since some Kenmore were made by Janome (not sure if that is still the case) you may just be able to find one through a Janome dealer.
    Good luck!

Carole

I can interchange some of my foot pedals because even though the machine names are different (ex: Janome, Kenmore, Brother), they have all shared the same manufacturer at some time or another. I think on your machine the pedal and the machine cord are connected so if you can match the plug, you'll have a working unit. You're local dealers would be a great place to look for one that's compatible. Good luck!
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

You should try to post an iOS ad on the yahoo group sewitsforsale it is an amazing place to find anything.
    Good luck
    Faten
    Work like you don't need the money
    Love like youÂ’ve never been hurt

My Husqvarna foot works on my Kenmore machine, so as someone else said, they are sometimes interchangeable. Maybe take the machine to a (non-Kenmore) dealer and try some out?

Blog Entries
    Try repairclinic.com