Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Frixion Erasable Marker

Blog Entries
    I have not had a problem...have used black pen on pure white fabric and it came out perfectly. Just love them! However, I am currently using them on a tan batik for an appliqué quilt, and after ironing there is a thin, faint white line where the ink was. It does not bother me because all the batiks and appliqués are so busy and the line is so faint, but I would not do it for a quilt going into competition. Give it a try on scrap fabric, and see what you think.
    Create with joy in your heart!

I used them to mark a white quilt for my daughter......tried on a scrap of fabric first..worked beautifully.........ironed right away..washed afterwards..no ghost lines or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH View Post
    When you iron, use a steam iron and hold it over the mark on fabric, don't lay iron upon the fabric or it could leave a slight mark.
    That's what I do. Since I don't make show quality quilts, I don't worry about my quilts getting too cold. I'd be lost without those markers. I marked quilting designs on a quilt this morning. When I had quilted the designs, I held a steam iron over the quilting. The markings vanished. I love those markers and will continue to use them. I use only the black markers.

yes it disappears and they are awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by brenwalt View Post
    Yes, it becomes "transparent" when ironed but nevertheless, the ink is still "there" and NOTHING AND I DO MEAN NOTHING will remove it. On the label I placed on a king size DWR marked with the Frixion pen, I clearly stated that if / when the marks return to remove them with a hot iron. Any exposure to freezing cold will cause the marks to re-appear. The pen does make very clear lines but just "be warned."

If you don't do any pressing on the marks during the construction of your quilt, stain removers will remove most of the markings. Unfortunately, we have to "press" as we go and this causes the Frixion ink to become PERMANENT.

Again, "Be warned."

Where's your info come from that says this is a permanent pen?

I wash all my quilts when finished, and the ink washes out. Those who have froze the fabrics trying to get the ink to reappear even state the ink doesn't reappear...

just curious.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    I've been using these pens for over a year now. My lines have always disappeared with a hot iron. However, I have never used them to mark lines on the top of my quilts. I only use them to mark diagonal lines when making HSTs, or sewing lines that will be inside the finished quilt so won't show anyway! Love the fine line it makes for these purposes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4