Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Frustrated to the max!

What a good idea Quiltmom04. Thanks for posting that. Good idea for the rest of us.

Glad you're able to change it. I've found that if I don't like it before it's quilted, I won't like it after it's quilted either!

So sorry you are having this trouble. Lots of possible suggestions on here if you're up for listening. Good luck!

I understand what you are saying about advice from a well-meaning hubby......sometimes I want to smack this one.....like, I aw sewing away, he comes up, looks over my shoulder and tells me that the borders are not quite even, on the sides................that is NOT what I wanted to hear from him, or anybody else, for that matter.......it is NOT going before a judge, NOT going to a show, NOT going anywhere that anyone will really care........so DONT tell me things like that, I dont wanta hear it............
    Judy, retired RN, alias 4 dogs and in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    Sometime what I do if I don't have enough border fabric, is sew a small "strata" of some of the interior fabrics, generally about 1" wide, and the cut it as wide as the border and add them between the larger border pieces. It ends up looking like a "design decision" and not that I've run out of border fabric.
    Beautiful quilt and excellent idea.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5